David Tennant - The Royal Tennant Company Index du Forum
David Tennant - The Royal Tennant Company
Le premier et unique forum francophone dédié à David Tennant

David Tennant - The Royal Tennant Company Index du ForumFAQRechercherS’enregistrerConnexion

:: Headway Essex ::
Aller à la page: 1, 2  >

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    David Tennant - The Royal Tennant Company Index du Forum -> David, sa vie, ses oeuvres... -> David -> Associations caritatives
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Duam78
Lady of the Tardis

MessagePosté le: Lun 20 Avr 2009 - 08:05    Sujet du message: Headway Essex Répondre en citant

Promouvoir la compréhension de tous les aspects des lésions cérébrales et fournir des informations, l'appui et des services aux personnes, à leur famille et aux travailleurs sociaux.

"C'était une expérience très puissante, voir "en vrai" quels effets pouvaient avoir les lésions cérébrales sur les personnes atteintes.
Cela m'a fait comprendre juste combien je suis chanceux et cela donne une nouvelle signification
à l'expression "Cela aurait tout aussi bien pu être moi" . "

David Tennant a écrit:

"Lorsque j'ai décidé de jouer le rôle d'une victime d'accident dans la fiction télévisuelle de Tony Marchant Recovery, j'ai dû me rendre à l'évidence que mes connaissances et ma compréhension des traumatismes crâniens et des lésions cérébrales ainsi que l'effet dévastateur que cela peut avoir sur la vie des personnes étaient honteusement réduites. Rencontrer et apprendre à connaître les patients de la Headway Essex est vraiment très instructif. Ce sont des personnes qui ont acceptées d'avoir leurs vies changées du tout au tout. Ils doivent faire face à la société, souvent dans l'incompréhension, la fausse interprétation, et la méfiance.

Puisque dorénavant, j'en connais plus sur cette "condition", je mesure combien le travail que fait Headway peut-être vital. Ils apportent la compréhension, l'expérience et luttent pour reconstruire les vies de leurs patients.

Contre toute attente, l'esprit et l'humour des patients de Headway Essex étaient remarquables. En passant ce temps avec eux et ayant été témoin du merveilleux travail effectué par le personnel et les œuvres de charité, j'ai souhaité m'impliquer davantage. J'ai été enchanté d'accepter la proposition de Headway Essex et je me tiens prêt à les aider où et quand ils le souhaitent."

David Tennant.   

"Je suis totalement enchanté de pouvoir aider Headway Essex dans la recherche du "profil" des traumatisés crâniens. En faisant des recherches pour mon rôle dans Recovery, j'ai passé beaucoup de temps dans cette structure, j'ai pu y observer des sessions de groupe mais également parler avec certains des patients. c'était vraiment une expérience qui vous transforme. Il y avait tant d'espoir, d'humour et de positivité, mélangée à de la colère, parfois, et de la tristesse". David Tennant

Citation:
Doctor, Who Am I?
David Tennant’s new character has brain damage. John Naish peeks inside the head of a Time Lord...

David Tennant bounds up, all bright-eyed and beaming. It has taken months to chisel a hole in his manic schedule for this interview and he’s here at the wrong end of a hard day of being Doctor Who. I’m psyched up for the task of squeezing answers from a time-worn narcoleptic, but he’s all spiky hyper, bouncing in his chair, a mass of gangly fidgets and quick-fire chat. It feels ironic that we’re here to discuss his next TV role, playing the disorientated victim of serious brain damage in BBC One’s Recovery.

Head injuries dominated the headlines recently when the Top Gear presenter Richard Hammond crashed a jet-propelled car at nearly 280mph. For days, updates on his critical condition pushed Iraq off the top news slots. Hammond’s rapid and astonishing recovery made the nation sigh mistily. A happy ending. But, says Tennant, it’s a different story for most people who get rushed to intensive care with neurological damage.

Tennant’s role in Recovery shows the sad side. He spent weeks far removed from sonic screwdrivers and Cybermen, researching his character by visiting neurology patients, their carers, nurses and medical experts, with the help of the brain-injury charity Headway.

Keeping it real meant fighting the standard TV format, he says, his vowels slightly stretched by a soft Scots accent: “Headway had felt misrepresented by other dramatic representations of this. They were keen to make sure that we had got it right, and to make sure that there was no happy ending. There are no absolutes about these injuries. Every situation is different. At the one end of the spectrum you can end up like Hammond, but at the other you have got people whose lives are never the same.”

Playing someone so deeply dazed and confused demands a big transformation for our hippest-ever Time Lord, the man who romped as the BBC’s Casanova and first found fame as Detective Inspector Peter Carlisle in the Dennis Potterish musical TV drama Blackpool. In the new role, his puppyish mien (bloody puppyish for 35) and lithe physique must work against him. What’s the Doctor-like secret of his youthfulness? “I’m not fit,” he laughs. “I have no regimen. I’m filming 14 hours a day and that keeps me slim. When I start a job I will go to the gym a bit, but I haven’t been for the past six months of filming on Doctor Who.”

Dressed in civvies, he could be modelling for Topshop, particularly in his everyman garb of jeans, trainers and layered top. It’s Doctor Hoody. I doubt you’d spot him if he were buying a pie from the petrol station. Close up, though, it’s his energy that’s the compelling thing.

But he has to turn that low when his character in Recovery, Alan, a successful builder and family man, is knocked down by a car and thrown into a world beyond his comprehension. “He wakes up altered. He’s got problems with loss of inhibition, with anger, with sequencing,” says Tennant. Sequencing? “Yeah, sequencing.” He slows his rapid-fire chat and acts his way through the enormous challenges a brain-injured person may face simply making a cup of tea. There’s the cup, the kettle, the tap, the tea . . . but which goes when, and how?

I remark that there’s an odd parallel with Doctor Who: while Alan looks the same but inwardly is very different, Doctor Who can have a completely different body but his character is the same. “Gosh, yeah. I hadn’t thought about that before,” says Tennant. I rather suspect he had. But he’s a nice, polite guy, as befits the son of a Church of Scotland minister.

And he’s been doing his medical homework. “Initially, after a brain injury, there’s this period of blessed oblivion. I’ve been told over and over by the experts not to call it a coma. But it’s such a good word. Anyway, you come out of this sleep and then there’s this process of realisation,” he says. “Alan believes he’s fine to start with. But his brain has lost the ability to know these things are wrong with him. Alan has no sense of how he has changed to the outside world. It’s weird, all that brain and identity stuff. It’s like when you start thinking about physics too hard, and after a certain point you start feeling really vertiginous.”

Alan’s loss of inhibition leads him to grab a woman’s bottom just because he wants to. And he says awful things to his wife. “Appropriateness is often an issue sexually, and telling people what you think,” says Tennant. “Most patients’ relationships split up after the injury. Many are abandoned by their families.”

The threat to Alan’s 20-year marriage to Tricia, his childhood sweetheart, is the focal point of Recovery. Beyond the behavioural problems, the drama unpeels the fragile nature of the one thing we’d like to believe is essentially immutable, our personality. Even our soul. “It gets very existential very quickly,” he says. “Is Alan the same person Tricia married? He looks the same but can’t act the same. Emotionally, he’s not capable of being a husband the way he was. It makes me think about who we are and what happens when we change. What is it about the chemical reactions in our heads that give us a personality? What would it take to change them? How many criteria do you need to change to cease to be the person that you were?”

It’s the philosophical stuff of Descartes. But Tennant has also done his own bit of identity-shifting, changing his name from David McDonald, to avoid clashing with another actor, by adopting the surname of his favourite Pet Shop Boy. Questions of identity bear a more earthly fascination for Tennant, too. “On a broader scale, if two people get married, and stay married for 50 years, are they the same people 50 years later?” he asks. “Do you still have a responsibility to be married to that person? Should you be expected to have that responsibility?”

The questions come wide-eyed and fast. I’m minded that this thirtysomething bachelor, while linked in the media to his share of attractive actresses, resolutely refuses to discuss his romantic life. It would be rude to accuse him of commitment phobia, of course, but he’s clearly one for mulling the long-term implications of the concept of “long term”.

He’s also troubled by the long-term prospects of the patients he’s met. “Life can get better and easier for them, yeah. Things can be achieved that might be felt to be important. But the fact is that life is different and must be coped with differently. There were a lot of unhappy stories among the men I met — and it was mostly men who get this,” he says.

Hey, it’s a world away from all that Doctor Who stuff, I quip. Mistake. “No. The Doctor is scarred by losing his race,” Tennant says. “He can’t seem to hold on to anyone. He is entirely alone. Even with the ones who do stick with him. He is, to all intents and purposes, eternal. That’s his tragedy.”

Tennant was obsessed with playing Doctor Who as a boy. So obsessed that it drove him into acting. I wonder if he now faces another well-dramatised sort of tragedy, that of getting what you wished for. Are the stories of being stalked by strange fans true? His answer is characteristically polite and politic. “I’ve never been recognised on a level like this before,” he says. “But it’s an easy show to be recognised for. In certain situations the volume of people can be overwhelming. But I’m very privileged.”

If the nice, down-to-earth-guy bit is an act, I must say, it’s a very good one. He still drives his modest old Skoda. “People are amazed that I’ve got a Skoda. Next time, I’ll want something with ethics that I’m more comfortable with, you know, the eco thing. I’m waiting for someone to bring out something that will run on, I don’t know, cornflakes.”

He worried, too, about the ethics of using the life stories of the head-injury patients he met. “You have to find a balance between research that is representing someone truthfully and carrion-feeding on someone’s experience. I met lots of sufferers and helpers at Headway Essex and listened in on sessions at which people shared their own experiences. I’ve now become a patron of Headway Essex. It is partly because of that sense that one doesn’t want just to parachute in and parachute out . . . uh, can you parachute out? Anyway, I’m very honoured that they asked me to be a patron.”

Tennant’s PR man appears, waving a mobile meaningfully. Lord, we’re out of time, and he’s badly late for his next meeting. No wonder he’s so manic. Doesn’t he worry about burning out? “It is a bit mental at the moment. I feel like I’m slightly oversubscribed,” he says, all grins. “There’s the actor’s fear of the dead phone, but part of it is the Scottish Presbyterian work ethic. I’m also doing it because it’s fun, though. It’s a very exciting time, doing some unique things. That won’t be there for ever, I know that.”

Number crunching

1 million people are admitted to UK hospitals every year as a result of head injuries

100 people in the UK are now living in a permanent vegetative coma

15 minutes is the maximum time a person can remain in a coma without the risk of moderate to severe brain damage

2 times as many men as women suffer brain injuries

For more about the work of Headway: www.headway.org.uk or 0808 8002244

Source: The Times Body And Soul 24/02/2007

David Tennant est le parrain de Headway Essex (Sarah Parish est la marraine de Headway Somerset.). Dernièrement, il a signé plus de 1500 cartes afin de récolter des fonds pour aider les traumatisés crâniens et les personnes atteintes de lésions cérébrales, mais aussi leur famille et leur carrière. En contrepartie d'un don d'un minimum de 20£, une carte signée de la main de David Tennant était renvoyée au donneur.

David Tennant a enregistré avant noël 2007, un appel au nom de Headway Essex. Cet appel a pu être entendu sur les ondes de Radio 4 Appeal, le dimanche 23 décembre à 7h55 et à 21h26, puis rediffusé le mardi 27 décembre à 15h27. Radio 4 Appeal est un programme hebdomadaire qui donne une chance aux œuvres de charité d'obtenir une possibilité de toucher des milliers de personnes pour promouvoir leur cause et aider les travailleurs sociaux. En 2006, Radio 4 Appeal a récolté plus de 500 000 £ qui ont été partagés entre 50 causes. beaucoup ont également continué à recevoir des dons supplémentaires, des legs grâce à cette opportunité de faire passer leur message à l'attention d'une très grande audience potentielle.

Conscient de l'importance des dons dans le fonctionnement de Headway, et après sa prestation d'un homme ayant subit des lésions cérébrales suite à un accident, dans Recovery, le téléfilm dramatique de la B.B.C., David Tennant a accepté d'être celui qui transmettrait l'appel.     

"Headway est une organisation merveilleuse et je suis fier de pouvoir les aider. J'espère que cet appel sera fructueux".

Headway Essex a écrit:
"David, qui est très connu grâce à son rôle dans Doctor Who, a passé du temps dans notre centre de jour, pour ses recherches afin de mieux comprendre son rôle dans le téléfilm dramatique de la BBC: Recovery. Nous avons été ravis lorsqu'il a consenti à devenir le parrain de Headway Essex et nous sommes doublement ravis qu'il ait dû souffrir de la crampe des écrivains en signant personnellement les cartes de félicitations que nous "vendons" pour lever les fonds nécessaires pour nous aider à fournir soin et appui aux personnes souffrant de lésions cérébrales et à ceux qui se soucient d'eux "(...)" Nous sommes sûrs que ces cartes s'envoleront comme des petits pains, ce n'est pas tous les jours que l'on peut recevoir les salutations d'un Seigneur du Temps ! " 
"Nous espérons que la vente de ces cartes personnellement signées augmenteront le nombre des dons auprès du Headway Essex"(...)"Nous voudrions remercier David pour avoir accepté cette colossale tâche et pour donner un si merveilleux appui à notre oeuvre de charité dont il est le parrain."

Joanna Wright
Directrice de Headway Essex

Pour voir tous les produits vendus par Headway Essex avec la photo de David Tennant : http://www.headwayessex.org.uk/fundraising/headway-essex-webshop.php

Plus d'informations sur les lésions cérébrales, les risques, les traitements, les travaux du Headway Essex...
Site officiel de Headway Essex

Pour les contacter:

Headway Essex
Headway House
2 Boxted Road
Colchester
CO4 5HG

Telephone: 01206 845945

Email: info@headwayessex.org.uk

Merci Circus Doll pour l'avatar
Publicité

MessagePosté le: Lun 20 Avr 2009 - 08:05    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
isaf
Tennant Encyclopedia

MessagePosté le: Mer 27 Mai 2009 - 22:13    Sujet du message: Headway Essex Répondre en citant

Ca vient de sortir aujourd'hui : David a signé plus de cartes (les mêmes citées plus haut par Duam) pour Headway Essex. On peut les commander depuis l'extérieur de l'UK en écrivant à : town.office@headwayessex.org.uk

Un grand grand MERCI à Duam78!!!!
Duam78
Lady of the Tardis

MessagePosté le: Mer 27 Mai 2009 - 22:31    Sujet du message: Headway Essex Répondre en citant

Je rappelle que ces cartes sont envoyées en contrepartie d'un don d'un minimum de 20 £ à l'association

EDIT smallbeetle : autrement dit environ 23,83€

DWreviews
Invité

MessagePosté le: Sam 30 Mai 2009 - 12:26    Sujet du message: Headway Essex Répondre en citant

Ah ca, c'est un type bien  Okay  !

Pas comme tous ces acteurs qui sont incapables de dire pourquoi ils soutiennent telle ou telle association caritative car ils le font uniquement pour leur image Mad  !
Dana
Fan certifié

MessagePosté le: Mar 9 Juin 2009 - 13:39    Sujet du message: Headway Essex Répondre en citant

Bien d'accord avec toi!

moi aussi je sais ce que c'est le cancer...  

merci David pour tout ce que tu fais!
Fan en devenir

MessagePosté le: Sam 29 Aoû 2009 - 18:41    Sujet du message: Headway Essex Répondre en citant

bien d'accord avec toi DWreviews, David est un être sincère et ça se voit tout de suite ! bravo à lui ! 
Lady of the Tardis

MessagePosté le: Mer 10 Fév 2010 - 18:45    Sujet du message: Headway Essex Répondre en citant

David nous montre une nouvelle fois qu'il a réellement le coeur sur la main.

Que tous ceux qui aiment la mode .. et bien sûr David Tennant, commencent à faire des économies et en plus c'est pour une bonne cause ... Aider et supporter le travail fabuleux mené par HEADWAY ESSEX.

Dans peu de temps vous allez pouvoir acquérir un T-Shirt crée par David lui même.

Visuel :

Il sera aussi disponible plus tard en version taie d'oreiller

Pour plus de détails sur les conditions et la procédure pour faire des dons, avoir une carte dédicacée et/ou acheter le T-Shirt, Cliquez ici

source

K9.1
Adorateur

MessagePosté le: Mer 10 Fév 2010 - 18:57    Sujet du message: Headway Essex Répondre en citant

un t'shirt je dit oui, mais un t'shirt crée par David je dit "c'est ou que je signe" !!!!!!
Mon rêve ce réalise enfin !!!!
Là faut s'inquiéter...

MessagePosté le: Mer 10 Fév 2010 - 22:16    Sujet du message: Headway Essex Répondre en citant

Excellente initiative de la part de David.
Une idée du prix du t-shirt et de quand on pourra l'acheter?
MSN
Duam78
Lady of the Tardis

MessagePosté le: Mar 16 Fév 2010 - 12:40    Sujet du message: Headway Essex Répondre en citant

nope mais nous vous tiendrons au courant

Duam78
Lady of the Tardis

MessagePosté le: Ven 19 Mar 2010 - 17:26    Sujet du message: Headway Essex Répondre en citant

Tadam !!!! et voici le fameux T-Shirt :
22 euros le T-Shirt
10 euros la taie d'oreiller

mais only for UK

http://www.david-tennant.com/id10.html

K9.1
Adorateur

MessagePosté le: Ven 19 Mar 2010 - 18:29    Sujet du message: Headway Essex Répondre en citant

c'est trop pas juste !!!!! Mad
Rédacteurs

MessagePosté le: Ven 19 Mar 2010 - 20:28    Sujet du message: Headway Essex Répondre en citant

trop trop nul !!pourquoi pas nous ?????
lilbulle
Là faut s'inquiéter...

MessagePosté le: Ven 19 Mar 2010 - 20:42    Sujet du message: Headway Essex Répondre en citant

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon.
En plus c'était un prix abordable.
MSN
isaf
Tennant Encyclopedia

MessagePosté le: Ven 19 Mar 2010 - 20:55    Sujet du message: Headway Essex Répondre en citant

Merci pour la nouvelle Duam ! C'est vraiment bien fait.

Ce sera sûrement possible dans quelques temps de les commander de l'extérieur. Sur le bon de commande, Headway Essex a écrit :
Citation:
OVERSEAS ORDERS
Regrettably Headway Essex cannot accept overseas orders for T-Shirts & Pillowcases at present but we are working hard to be able to in the future. Please keep checking our website for updates.
www.headwayessex.org.uk

Mais le prix sera sûrement un peu plus élevé parce que la livraison est gratuite en UK, ce qui ne le sera sûrement pas pour les envois en dehors de l'UK.

Donc, nous vous tiendrons au courant

Un grand grand MERCI à Duam78!!!!
Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 11:41    Sujet du message: Headway Essex

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    David Tennant - The Royal Tennant Company Index du Forum -> David, sa vie, ses oeuvres... -> David -> Associations caritatives Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Aller à la page: 1, 2  >
Page 1 sur 2

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Flowers of Evil © theme by larme d'ange 2006